Ice formation can cause structural damage to moored boats, pilings, retaining walls, docks, or entire marinas. In cold climates, bottom lake water continually absorbs heat from the earth below, keeping it well above freezing. Unfortunately, this warm water is thermally stratified at the bottom, due to density and temperature differences.
ADS ice melting aeration circulates this slightly warmer bottom water to the surface, melting ice or preventing its formation in the first place.
ADS Ice Melting Advantages
- Simple design, installation, and operation - only one moving part
- Custom designed for each application
- Works even when air temperature falls below -30 degrees Fahrenheit
- Retroactive: melts 1 to 2 inches of ice per hour
- Proactive: prevents ice from forming
- Deeper water provides improved performance